School Direct: Primary Programme
Our primary programme is designed to ensure that you accumulate the skills, knowledge, insight and experience you need for a successful career in primary education.
How will I train?
Your bespoke programme will be varied, challenging and motivating and will incorporate:
- observation of skilled teachers at work in the classroom, followed by reflection and discussion
- placements in two contrasting examples of our high quality partner schools, with support from a skilled and dedicated mentor.
- weekly learning, training, study and assignments covering all aspects of education and pedagogy (eg the National Curriculum, how to prepare, plan and structure lessons; questioning techniques; special needs and behaviour management) and everything a successful teacher needs to know, be and do
- workshops, tutorials, lectures, guest speakers and small group work
- experience in early years and secondary phases to build your insight into key issues such as transition.