Initial Teacher Training: School Direct
Whether you aspire to be a primary or secondary teacher, our School Direct programmes are exciting, school-based training routes for recent graduates and career changers. You learn ‘on the job’ on placements and via excellent training, learning, and support.
Don’t just be ‘a teacher’…
You might imagine that teaching is about learning procedures, facts and techniques and, and in part, you’d be right. But at Trinity Teaching School Alliance (TSA), we’re passionate about helping high quality, motivated candidates to become great teachers who will transform children’s lives.
… Be an inspirational teacher!
With a close-knit alliance of more than 50 primary and secondary schools across Calderdale and West Yorkshire and in collaboration with the University of Huddersfield, Trinity TSA has the expertise, resources and skilled support to put you ahead of the rest as you begin your teaching career. By empowering every Trinity TSA trainee to become the best teacher they can be, a massive 98% of our graduates secure their future job before the course ends!
Achieve top qualifications
Both our primary and secondary programmes lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), a valuable Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and 60 credits towards a Master’s degree, should you choose to continue your studies.
Why choose a School Direct programme at Trinity TSA?
Here are just a few great reasons!
- Train alongside outstanding leads and teachers
- Friendly, helpful support from start to finish
- Gain more classroom experience than on a ‘standard’ PGCE course
- Excellent, varied training and learning techniques help make your course engaging, exciting and super-effective!
- 98% of our graduates secure their first teaching post before the end of their course!