Teacher Subject Specialism Training: Spanish
We’re delighted to offer fully-funded Teacher Subject Specialist training for MFL teachers who want to improve their skills in teaching Spanish.
Spanish is in high demand by students and schools keen to improve their MFL capability, and this programme is the perfect way to upskill – free of charge!
What will I study?
Our programme is delivered in a series of twilight sessions that will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to teach Spanish up to KS3.
Given the prevailing challenges for MFL teachers, we’ve designed our programme to include language-specific pedagogy that will expand and strengthen your portfolio of language teaching techniques. This intensive and interactive programme (which also requires time spent learning at home) incorporates:
- a strong grammar focus to meet the new GCSE specifications
- teaching through verbs
- empowering students to extend their written and spoken answers
- teaching students how to form and use questions in the classroom
- building competence and confidence in spontaneous conversation.
Am I eligible for FREE TSST?
You could be eligible for free Teacher Subject Specialist Training (TSST) with Trinity Teaching School Alliance if this list ls relevant to you…
- Would like to learn to teach French, Spanish, Physics or Maths but do not currently do so.
- Is or would like to teach Maths, Physics, or MFL, but did not do a degree in that subject.
- If you’re a non-contracted supply teacher that’s returning to a permanent post
- A teacher returning to the profession after an extended break
- An MFL teacher looking to learn to teach another language
- If you don’t have a QTS
- Are an NQT teacher
Further information on eligibility for FREE TSST is available here
I’m interested! What’s the next step?
We are currently arranging 2020 dates. If you’re interested, please email us. We look forward to hearing from you!