Specialist Leaders of Education
We are able to provide schools in need of support with a task force of leaders, teachers and school practitioners, experts in their respective fields and qualified to support others to improve teaching, learning and outcomes.
Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) are outstanding middle and senior leaders who have the skills to support individuals or teams in similar positions in other schools. They understand what outstanding leadership practice in their area of expertise looks like and are skilled in helping other leaders to achieve it in their own context.
The SLE role was created to help raise standards and improve the quality of school leadership through school-to-school support and peer-to-peer learning. This designation recognises the important role that senior and middle leaders play in improving schools and outcomes for children.
Further information is available through the SLE section of www.gov.uk. (www.gov.uk/specialist-leaders-of-education-a-guide-for-potential-applicants)
SLE’s within our alliance are:
- Vanessa Dear, Field Lane Primary School – Early Years, Maths
- Anne Crane, Woodhouse Primary School – SEN
- Kate Cotton, Ash Green Primary School – Maths, Leadership & Management, Assessment
- Kelsey Brown, White Rose Maths Hub – Maths
- Olly Cocker, Trinity TSA – ITT, NQT, RQT
- Craig Roberts, Bailiffe Bridge J&I – English
- Beth Smith, White Rose Maths Hub – Maths
- Katie Williams, White Rose Maths Hub – Early Years
- Rosie Eccles, Shipley CE Primary School- English
- Katherine Ellis, Christ Church CE Pellon- Early Years
- Jen Lewis, White Rose Maths Hub- Maths
- Julie Matthews, White Rose Maths Hub- Maths
- Alison Oliver, Norland CE Primary School- Science
- Kirsty O Shea, Ash Green Primary School- Assessment
- Steve Sladdin, Warley Road Primary- Science
- Hannah Wood, Siddal Primary School- Early Years and Phonics
- Beth Carr, Trinity Academy Halifax – English
- Laura Cooper, Trinity Academy Halifax – English
- Paul Rowlandson, Trinity Academy Halifax – Maths
- Owen Davies, Rastrick High School- Maths
SLEs who work across both the primary and secondary sectors
- Emma Hanlon, Trinity Academy Halifax – English
- David Sheard, Trinity MAT – Finance
National Leaders of Education
National Leaders of Education (NLEs) are outstanding Headteachers or Principals who, together with the staff in their schools (designated National Support Schools (NSS)), use their skills and experience to support schools in challenging circumstances.
In addition to leading their own schools, NLEs work to increase the leadership capacity of other schools to help raise standards.
NLE’s within our alliance include:
- Michael Gosling, CEO, Trinity Multi-Academy Trust
- Mungo Shepard, Headteacher, Ash Green Community Primary School
- Nan Oldfield, Headteacher, Copley Primary School
For further information about NLEs, and the support they offer, please contact us.