Ensuring High Quality SEND Primary Provision and Evaluating the Impact
A two-part programme of CPD for primary school SENCo’s which follows on from this year’s highly praised “Embedding the SEND Reforms” and draws on the experience of pathfinder local authorities together with key findings from recent area and local Ofsted inspections in order that delegates can:
- Develop and apply a consistent approach within school and across clusters to identify SEN pupils
- Draw on the 4 areas of need in the Code of Practice to develop INCLUSIVE practice in order to address the needs of pupils who require SEN support
- Enable class teachers, middle and senior leaders to evaluate and demonstrate the impact of notional SEN funding on outcomes for pupils
The CPD is designed to enable SENCo’s to disseminate the content to class teachers (but would also be useful for class teachers if the SENCo is unable to attend) and will be supported by a bank of resources that will enable delegates to gain a greater understanding of:
- Neuro diversity
- Day to day responsibilities of the SENCo for the operation of SEN policy and co-ordination of provision
- Characteristics of specific learning difficulties (identified through simple checklists)
- How to shape practice from the school’s SEN audit
- Implications of recent area and school Ofsted inspections for SEN provision and evaluation of impact
This programme has been designed in response to last year’s highly successful SEND training (attended by over 70 SENCo’s) and the quality assurance activities that took place between schools that have identified specific questions, issues and concerns.
The course leader is ANNE CRANE- a highly respected, local Specialist Leader of Education, who is the deputy head teacher and SENCo of 6 years’ experience at Woodhouse Primary, an outstanding local school and strategic partner in our alliance. Anne led the acclaimed training on the SEND reforms in 2016.
Currently there are no more future dates scheduled for this academic year. Please sign up to our newsletter to be notified of any forthcoming events.
£120+VAT TO INCLUDE TWO DAYS TRAINING- DELEGATES NEED TO ATTEND BOTH DATES